ABSENCE / TARDY
Please remember to call the school when your child is going to be absent or tardy. Our main office number, 507-238-4487 (option 2), does have voice mail available 24 hours. You may also email student absence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember it is recommended that when your child has vomited or has a temperature, he or she should not return to school until they have gone 24 hours without vomiting, or are without fever for 24 hours WITHOUT use of fever reducers (i.e. Tylenol, Advil, etc.)
FAIRMONT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT WELLNESS
At Fairmont Elementary School we work hard to provide a healthy and safe environment for your child. As a reminder to all parents, we are asking you to please keep your child home if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A temperature of over 99 degrees. A temperature should be in the normal range for 24-48 hours before returning to school.
- A cold with severe congestion or continual cough.
- Nausea or has vomited. A child should stay home 24 hours after vomiting.
- Sore throat.
- Skin rash or skin eruption.
- Pink eyes with itching and matter in corners.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the School Health Office at 507-238-4487.
April Tordsen, RN, PHN
Licensed School Nurse
Fairmont Elementary School